Croissant with falafels
List of ingredients
- Curly endive lettuce
- A few tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Fresh coriander & parsley
- 400 g chickpeas
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 g Cayenne pepper
- 18 g flour
- 12 g cumin
- 14 g bicarbonate of soda
- 7 g baking powder
- Olive and sunflower oil
- Mix the chickpeas in a food processor and set aside.
- Mix the onion, garlic, parsley and coriander. Add this mixture to the chickpeas and mix together with a spatula.
- Add the ground cumin, the Cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and flour and mix together.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and baking powder just before frying.
- Pre-heat the sunflower oil to 180°C. Shape your falafels and fry them in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dice the tomato and red onion. Mix them with the chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil.
- Split the croissant open and add the curly endive, then the tomato mix.
- Cut the falafels into slices and place them on top. Finish with a drizzle of tahini.