Our R&D and Quality teams work daily for the well-being of our customers. Discover our current and future commitments in terms of naturalness and nutrition.
Easy-to-understand recipes containing essential ingredients
- 74% of our products1 already meet our CLEAN LABEL requirements, which are among the most committed and transparent on the market.
- This involves recipes with:
- - ingredients of natural origin, like flour and butter,
- - ingredients with natural colouring, aromatic or texturizing properties, such as vanilla flavour or turmeric for colour.
- Only ascorbic acid, the role of which is decisive in the final quality of breads and Viennese pastries, is tolerated in our recipes. When it is used, it is always in a quantity of less than 0,02%. Our lists of CLEAN LABEL ingredients are understandable, legible by all and contain the essential.
- 100% That's our CLEAN LABEL goal by 2027, thanks to a concrete progress plan of additional CLEAN LABEL references each year.
We are going even further: for each new product, we question the essential character of natural origin additives in our recipes, with the objective to reduce as much as possible the ingredient lists for our recipes.
Commitment to better eating
Reduction of the salt content in our products
- We offer breads with 25%2 less salt, as well as a range with less than 0,9% salt content.
We have already measured and gradual reduction in salt in our breads is in line with recommendations of the French Ministry for Health via PNNS 4.
By 2023, we will have reduced the salt content in our products to obtain maximum grammage of 1.3 g of salt/100 g for our breads based on the baked product.
Reduction of the sugar content in our products
- 19% of our indulgent Viennese pastries already have a sugar content below the market average 3.
We hope to bring about a measured reduction of the sugar we use in our products.
We are committed to pursuing this work and to limiting sugar in our ranges based on analyses and targets recommended by ANSES4.
We are aiming for an overall reduction of around 10% by 2024 son the ranges, based on the baked product.
Improving the nutritional quality of our products
- We strive to encourage the use of ingredients with properties that are naturally healthy for the organism.
In 2019, we created Amibiote: a unique fibre-rich baguette with nutriscore A, good for cholesterol.5
We are working on the property of flours in order to propose a new range of breads, made from ancient flours by 2023.
These types of flour are believed to make it easier to digest gluten.
- Clean Label perimeter: Bridor brand Bread, Viennese pastries, Snacks, Brioche, including products not made by us
- Compared to the average salt content in the bread category concerned in the Ciqual 20 base or compared to the existing Bridor recipe.
- Compared to the average sugar content in the filled Viennese pastry categories concerned in the Ciqual 20 base
- Compared to the current average sugar content in Bridor brand filled Viennese pastries of 17.3 g per 100 g of the baked product
- The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of beta-glucans from oats, barley, bran, or from mixtures of these beta-glucans.