New York Roll chocolate
List of ingredients
- 8 Bun'n'Rolls
- 40 g praline pieces
- 500 g milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 95 g sugar
- 50 g cornflour
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200 g pastry cream
- 200 g whipped mascarpone cream
- 80 g chocolate
- 50 g chocolate
- 100 g fondant
- 50 g cane syrup
- Pastry cream: In a salad bowl, mix the egg yolks, caster sugar and cornflour.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pod. Mix in a third of the egg-sugar-cornflour mixture then add the rest.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Leave to thicken at high temperature while whisking and add the chocolate.
- Mix to a smooth consistency. Then place in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, add the whipped mascarpone cream.
- Icing: Heat the fondant slightly, add the syrup and melted chocolate
- Put the Bun'n'Rolls in perforated moulds, 10 cm diameter / 3.5 cm in height
- Bake them with a perforated tray on top for 16 min at 165°C, then remove from the mould and return to the oven for 4 minutes
- Once chilled, fill with the chocolate cream using a piping bag with 8 mm nozzle.
- Pipe the icing on the top of the Bun'n'Roll and add the praline pieces
Add 2 g of grated tonka bean to the cream to add more power to the chocolate cream