Pistachio & Orange Blossom New York Roll
List of ingredients
- 12 Bun'n'Rolls
- 120 g chopped pistachios
Pistachio custard cream
- 500 g milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 95 g sugar
- 50 g cornflour
- 70 g pistachio spread
- 1 vanilla pod, orange blossom water
White chocolate ganache
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 g cream
- 1 teaspoon pistachio spread
- 1 dash green food colouring
- Pistachio custard cream: In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks, caster sugar and cornflour.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pod. Mix in a third of the egg-sugar-cornflour mixture then add the rest.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Stir constantly over a high heat until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the pistachio spread and a drop of orange blossom water.
- Mix to a smooth consistency. Then place in the refrigerator.
- White chocolate ganache: Heat the whipping cream, pour over the white chocolate, add the pistachio spread followed by the green food colouring.
- Place the Bun'n'Rolls in perforated moulds and bake them with a baking tray on top for 16 min at 170°C.
- Once cooled, fill with the pistachio cream using a piping bag.
- Dip the top of the Bun'n'Rolls in the warm ganache and cover with chopped pistachios.
You can also sprinkle a little lemon zest over the top for added freshness.