Lemon Meringue Kouign Amann
List of ingredients
- 12 Breizh'n'Roll
- 100 g lemon juice
- 280 g sugar
- 3 sheets of gelatine
- 250 g pistachio nuts
- 100 g egg white
- 60 g egg
- 1 g salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Gently heat the lemon juice with the cinnamon for 5 minutes, then remove the cinnamon and add 50 g of sugar. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the gelatine sheets and mix well.
- Defrost the Breizh'n'Roll. Cover the bottom of a mould (6 x 6 x 4 cm) with pistachios. Put the Breizh'n'roll on top and flatten it slightly into the corners of the mould.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on the mould and bake between two trays for 20 minutes at 170°C.
- After 15 minutes, inject the lemon syrup into the product using a syringe and baste the top with the lemon syrup.
- Preparation of the Italian meringue: Heat 230 g of sugar with 60 g of water until it reaches 118°C.
- Whisk the egg whites + salt at high speed until they start to form peaks.
- Add the sugar syrup by mixing at medium speed, then increase the speed until the meringue is lukewarm.
- Decorate and serve.