The Frenchie Hot Dog
List of ingredients
- 10 BRIDOR Rye and Cereals Half-Baguettes
- 10 GARDEN GOURMET® Sensational Sausages™
- 300 g pointed cabbage
- 100 g maple syrup
- 100 g Meaux mustard
- 30 g sherry vinegar
- 15 drops of Tabasco
- 20 g chopped spring onions
- 40 g fried onions
- 100 g ketchup
- 100 g American mustard
- The day before, lightly salt the pointed cabbage, add a few drops of wine vinegar to lightly cook it and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Poach the GARDEN GOURMET® Sensational Sausages™ for 4 minutes, strain and dry well.
- Brown the GARDEN GOURMET® Sensational Sausages™ in a frying pan for around 4 minutes.
- Mix together the maple syrup, Meaux mustard, sherry vinegar and tabasco.
- Squeeze the cabbage to remove all the moisture then season with this vinaigrette.
- Slice open the baguette along the top without cutting it into two and place some cabbage inside.
- Add the GARDEN GOURMET® Sensational Sausage™.
- Top with the ketchup, mustard, a few fried onions and the spring onions.
You can vary the hot dog by serving with an onion confit relish, paprika mayonnaise and even a slice of melted cheddar.